Asked on Jan 28, 2012

Electric Bathroom Wall Heater

Adam HSpeedheat Floor HeatingEleanor M


Our 40 year old electric heater has given out. It is in the wall surrounded by ceramic
tile. Does anyone know where I can get a new one that would fit without tearing up
the tile, which is something we don't want to do. The opening is 11" X 14 1/4". Thanks.
6 answers
  • KMS Woodworks
    on Jan 28, 2012

    I have installed some of these for a client... you may be able re-work the existing grill cover of get a slightly larger one to cover the rest.

  • Not uncommon issue to have. I would suggest that you disconnect this heater and forget about it. Old style electrical heaters are very dangerous and have resulted in many house fires over the years. If you really want to do something about it and have something else in its place. You can follow KMS suggestion and put smaller unit in wall and finish the area around it. Or Purchase a wall mounted heater that has a larger surface that will cover the older hole up once its removed.

  • Faidra at CA Global Inc
    on Jan 29, 2012

    You can tear out and cover hole w/a European Heat panel, they're very thin and look like sheet rock, which you can paint the same color as your tile so it will fade in. Can purchase online for 100.00 heats a room and very efficient

  • Eleanor M
    on Feb 3, 2012

    Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas.

  • Speedheat Floor Heating
    on Feb 20, 2012

    Hi Eleanor, We have had several customers come to us to buy our RugBuddy heaters to simply go under a bathroom rug in similar situations. The only problem is trying having an outlet that is easily accessible for the plug. No matter which one you choose, make sure that it is GFCI protected if it's going to be used anywhere near water!

  • Adam H
    on Mar 14, 2012

    I have one that may be those dimensions. I will measure it. Email me if you are interested.

Your comment...