Patina Paradise
Patina Paradise
  • Cullman, AL

Tilt Top Table Gets Antique Finish in White

I love European antique painted finishes... with a timeworn patina... and my favourite technique to achieve this uses recipes learned from an online class I am taking called "Farragoz". The recipes give an authentic old finish when you are distressing a piece and lets you turn something new into something that looks old.
tilt top table gets antique finish in white, chalk paint, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, shabby chic
I knew that the shape of this table would be perfect to make it look like a genuine antique.
This is what it started out like. It was dated and definitely not my style. But I could see the potential.
A coat of brown paint over the peach colored areas and some home made casein paint were all that it took to get this look... you could get a similar look by using a paint resist like wax or vaseline over the areas that you want the layers to come through and using a chalk style paint with a flat finish.
And just so you can see the difference... here's the before and after side by side.
Patina Paradise