Bring Brass Back! (And How To Clean It Naturally)

I have become taken by all-things-golden. While perusing the aisle of the thrift store, I stumbled upon some brass pieces. I realized: this is golden, and doesn't even need the help of spray paint! Unforunately, neglected pieces need some love, so with products already in my house, I managed to bring back the lustre of these pieces. Brass is misunderstood - using it as an accent is actually very effective
bring brass back and how to clean it naturally, cleaning tips, See tarnish and sadness But this can be fixed
See - tarnish and sadness. But this can be fixed.
bring brass back and how to clean it naturally, cleaning tips, For simple fixes and a general polishing up use ketchup and a toothbrush
For simple fixes and a general polishing-up, use ketchup and a toothbrush.
bring brass back and how to clean it naturally, cleaning tips, Liberally apply the ketchup and then let it sit for a while Not surprisingly kids really like to help with this part
Liberally apply the ketchup and then let it sit for a while. (Not surprisingly, kids really like to help with this part)
bring brass back and how to clean it naturally, cleaning tips, For the more stubborn spots that just won t come clean with ketchup try a mixture of table salt and lemon juice Use a toothbrush and really give it a good brushing
For the more stubborn spots that just won't come clean with ketchup, try a mixture of table salt and lemon juice. Use a toothbrush and really give it a good brushing.
bring brass back and how to clean it naturally, cleaning tips, Once finished your brassy pieces should be ready to strut their stuff Brass is back baby
Once finished, your brassy pieces should be ready to strut their stuff. Brass is back, baby!
Tara @ Suburble

• JoAnn

Hi,how much salt to lemon juice?? I too love my brass!!

• Jennie Lee

I've used Brasso, and never used it with a microfiber cloth. Brasso's been around a lot longer than microfiber cloth, after all. But I think the best metal polish is Maas. You can find it on Amazon.

• Johnavallance82

Hello, Could try covering with old cola overnight.