Trust me...You Need a Glue Gun Holder!

I'm ashamed to say that my most loved craft accessory, my glue gun, was in BAD shape. Glue stuck to the outside, sitting on a tile also covered in old hot glue. So I convinced my wonderful hubby and resident hand-man, Ethan to build me a hot glue gun holder. It may be the best thing ever. No more falling glue gun or fire hazards!
Isn't she pretty?!? I painted her light, almost Tiffany blue and finished her off with a matte spray glaze to protect the finish.
Here is the "before." Terrifying, I know. It's a miracle I didn't burn my house down.
Ethan cut a base of wood about 4-1/2 x 8-1/2″, traced a tile, cut a hole in the center, then used a palm router to create an in-lay for the tile.
After a little sanding, putty, and more sanding, Ethan added a "U" shaped piece of wood to hold the glue gun. Finally, we painted, finished, and now enjoy!
Jocie@OneProjectCloser

• Mrsjsewnsew

i bought this exact item from joanns in 1997,seems pretty simple may try to make myself

• Drmoody

what a great idea to make crafters for Christmas!