Asked on Jan 23, 2016

Decorating a pink and green bedroom for 70+ grandmother

Polly ZieperLiz StraughnMoxie
+22

I am decorating a bedroom, for a single, 70+ grandmother, wo lives alone. The colors are pink and green.
  • Jane Snukis
    Jane Snukis

Go with shabby chic so it doesnt end up looking like a 9 year old girls room!

• Hollie Halverson
    Hollie Halverson

Those are the colors of flowers. Pinterest is great for color pallettes. Just search color pallettes and you will see all different shades and what colors go with them.

Janet Pizaro

This site shows you a lot of ideas. www.decorpad.com/search/pink-and-green-room

• Pam Walker
    Pam Walker

MAYBE these 10 will give ya some ideas. :)

• See More
  • Carol Edgington
    Carol Edgington

Pink and green tropical is great. Could also do green trellis with pink flowers. Could do a "Tiffany lamp" type pattern.

• Jane
    Jane

My granddaughters bedroom was Lima Bean Green & Pink. It's wonderful.

• MN Mom
    MN Mom

Unless it's a total surprise for her, I would ask Grandma what she likes, look at some photos with her and then start .

• Etta
    Etta

Hello what a nice thing to do. I agree with Barbara, what does Grandma like.

• Sue C
    Sue C

A pink and green toile wallpaper could be really beautiful!

• Marcia
    Marcia

I would paint the walls a blush color with brighter pink and green accessories so they can be changed out. Either of you may want to change the color scheme later. But definitely ask her what she thinks and go thru magazines to see what makes her smile.

• Mikkigirl
    Mikkigirl

Taupe walls with peach bedding and curtains. Gold accents in throw pillows, etc.

• Trish
    Trish

I would go with the shabby chic look all white with some special pink and green acents maybe on the bedding and curtains.

• Donna Marie Herzwurm
    Donna Marie Herzwurm

I like the idea of Toil too! Very stylish and I bet your Grandmother would Love it.

• Donna Marie Herzwurm
    Donna Marie Herzwurm

Oopsy, ment Toile

• Laura vawter
    Laura vawter

I think a French Country look with blush pink and pale sage green would be beautiful and it wouldn't look like a little girl's room. Use "adult" fabrics like satin and linen to give a sophisticated look.

• Sharon turner
      Sharon turner

@Thank You Laura vawter without a picture it is hard for me to "see" it this is for me and my funds are very limited, just need to know what would be best for me I have no family close by

• Wanda.ll
    Wanda.ll

I would go with white walls and then to the French country myself too. The older you get the more light you need in a room to see good. So white everything except stuff like pillows and girly things. Perfume bottles or decorative bottles, flowers and a soft comfy chair/chaise maybe out of something very soft.If have rood a small desk to use to write, computer and put makeup on. .But what would she like? What is her style soft, hard, grily or just something she can use? Ask her.

• Sharon turner
      Sharon turner

@Thank You Wanda.ll I am not able to replace my oak furniture my walls are off white and the carpet is light beige. My bathroom is off the bedroom, so that will be included thanks for your comments

• Liz Straughn
    Liz Straughn

I would ask Grandma! Does she like soft colors, bold colors? Is she country, shabby chic, modern? If it's a surprise, see how her tastes are now and expand on it. If she likes shabby chic, go with mostly soft colors, then throw in some bright throw pillows (for the couch/chair or bed. Be sure and include some of her pictures of family possibly reframed in nice frames.

• Sharon turner
      Sharon turner

@Thank You Liz Straughn This is for ME, what do I like ? In looking at pictures my guess would be french country or chic I must use what I have and change it around and perhaps find a spread and pillows not used to doing for myself always for others all these years

• Moxie
    Moxie

Maybe you coukd glean ideas from a few of your grandmas favorite things abd design around the in style and color so the space feeks like home to her

• Moxie
      Moxie

I personalize my spaces with a joy response...if i look at something and i just luv it or if an object makes me smile...its in then i decorate around those objects for color and style and somehow it just all fits...enjoy the journey : )

• Liz Straughn
    Liz Straughn

Go to some estate sales or garage sales. You might find some chenille (sp?) spreads. You can usually get them for $5-$20. If you find two, you can make pillows with one and use the best one for a spread. They come in different pastels. If you don't really care for pastel ones, get a white one and use bright colors for the throw pillows and pillow cases.

• Polly Zieper
    Polly Zieper

Sharon, Id look at places like Goodwill and Salvation Army, That's what I'm doing with my mom, Who is 85 and just 'inherited' a friends hand down couch that's pine green, she hates green so she doesn't have a thing in her apt that goes with this couch. we've been to the places I mentioned and found really cheap candle sticks, a vase and a lamp.

• Your comment...