Elizabeth Weavil
Elizabeth Weavil
  • Pinnacle, NC
Asked on Apr 18, 2013

How can you recycle burlap bags?

GlendaDMemelovescraftsMary Hornbostel
+3

What can you do with old used burlap bags?
  • We use burlap bags and onion bags when we blow in insulation in floor cavities. We remove the siding along the floor line between the first and 2nd floor, drill three inch holes in the rim joist and push a bag into the hole. Then we use our insulation blowing machine and fill it like a balloon. As it expands in the opening It effectively seals the area from air flow. At the same time it prevents the insulation from blowing and filling the entire ceiling cavity. Once filled we plug the opening back up with the plug we drilled out of the joist.

• Caley's Culinaries

I saw a great picture this morning where someone was growing potatoes in them! Awesome! Then you can dump them instead of digging them!!

• Debi McCoy

Use them as planters just put a plastic bag inside to hold the dirt and voila!!!

• Mary Hornbostel

Cut open, Place in sloppy concrete mix and drape over form. Fabric-Concrete-Planters

• Memelovescrafts

Our grandmothers used them for hooked rugs. Some people still hook on them but I don't have access to them so I buy the burlap. Wish you lived closer (NB Canada)

• GlendaD

Cover a lamp shade. cut into strips and use to make flowers. cover picture frames, or use to cover the background and mount picture on burlap. burlap is all the rage right now. Send me some I could use them.