Upcycled chalk painted dresser

Since I'm still honing my chalk painting skills I though I'd paint one of my dressers. I had spray painted this dresser with hammered spray paint about 5 years ago. I liked it but you know when you get stared with chalk paint you go crazy ! I made DIY chalk paint from a 7oz sample from Lowes. I had to do three coats of paint to cover the dark grey color of the dresser and then CeCe Caldwell dark wax. I took the existing hardware off and replaced them with painted wooden knobs. I wanted the knobs to blend in and not take away from the stud design. For the studs I used the 5 yard roll from Joann Fabric. You only have to nail a stud every 4th stud. The rest of the studs are solid.
upcycled chalk painted dresser, chalk paint, painted furniture, Before
Before
upcycled chalk painted dresser, chalk paint, painted furniture, one coat of red
one coat of red
upcycled chalk painted dresser, chalk paint, painted furniture, three coats of red
three coats of red
upcycled chalk painted dresser, chalk paint, painted furniture, dark waxed
dark waxed
upcycled chalk painted dresser, chalk paint, painted furniture, the design looks crooked in this pictures but it not must have been the angle of the camera
the design looks crooked in this pictures but it not, must have been the angle of the camera

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 6 comments
Next