$5 Sofa Table Becomes My Gift Wrap Storage System

This sofa table was missing the rattan insert in the bottom and the top glass pieces were badly scratched, but the frame was very sturdy... so I upcycled it in to a storage unit for my gift wrapping supplies. Now I have a cute green wrapping station...it sure beats the flat box shoved under a bed!
Starting point...
I painted it green with chalk paint and distressed it...
I stapled screen to the base...
I found 3 of these trash cans that fit perfectly in the top...
Great place to store tissue paper, ribbons, tags and small bags..
I added a hook to the front for large gift bags...
Rolls of paper fit in the opening and I can stack boxes on the other side.

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question
  • Deniseinark Deniseinark on Dec 24, 2020

I love this idea. Glass is way more expensive to replace than you’d think; what if someone saw that table and didn’t *need* a sofa table but did need to organize a wrapping area? I don’t understand why people are telling her she should have used it for something she didn’t need. And I wish the “don’t EVER paint” people would just get over it. Some of us just plain prefer color and want painted pieces. If you don’t like that, don’t paint your own, but nobody else is obliged to give in to your sensibilities that way. Easy peasy.

Comments

2 of 83 comments
Next