Up cycled Tire Planter

Want a great conversation piece in your garden that will appeal to male and female alike? Try up cycling an old tire into an unexpected piece of art that is perfect in your back yard garden retreat. This eco-friendly conversation starter will add colour and charm to any outdoor space!
A balanced mix of Perennials and Annuals combine to make a unique "show stopper" design.
This Raised Tire Planter adds a quirky conversation piece to any garden for under $20
Step 1:  Trim vintage table legs to a suitable height which will match the size of your tire
Step 1: Trim vintage table legs to a suitable height which will match the size of your tire
Step 2:  Cut a plywood circle for a base and fasten table legs with screws.
Step 2: Cut a plywood circle for a base and fasten table legs with screws.
Step 3:  Securely fasten junk tire to base with long screws.
Step 3: Securely fasten junk tire to base with long screws.
Step 4:  Add soil.  Choose a container mix suitable for Bedding Plants.  Ensure that you fill the tire completely.
Step 4: Add soil. Choose a container mix suitable for Bedding Plants. Ensure that you fill the tire completely.
Step 5:  Plant complimentary Perennials and Annuals for maximum texture and colour.
Step 5: Plant complimentary Perennials and Annuals for maximum texture and colour.
Step 6:  Fill in with soil between the newly transplanted pots and water  in generously.
Step 6: Fill in with soil between the newly transplanted pots and water in generously.
Tamara Jansen

• Darchung

Where did you add the drain hole, in the tire or the chair?

• Michelle Masterson

Why didn't you paint it? I Flipped mine inside out and cut jagged edges and painted mine 5 years ago - I wish I still had a picture.

• Michelle Masterson

• Wendy Luker

Many of the folks that commented wanted to know the names of the plants in your tire planter. I would like to know also. Would you please respond.
    The combination is a knock-out. Stunning

• User

It´s beautiful... love it so much!