Tire Planters

Old tires don't have to be useless, there are so many fabulous projects using old tires.... Here is my take on a hanging tire planter. Plant colorful flowers in the summer and beautiful mums in the fall.
A side note on paint: While I realize that other repurposed tires have been painted, I chose not to paint mine, leaving the tire, just as it is: a tire. The flowers add enough color for me. I also live in
Flowers seems to grow beautifully in these tires
Fall mums
Fall mums
Recaptured Charm

• Angela Herremans

Lol I love these :-) I have two tractor tires which used to be my veggie boxes but they did not work out so well got rid of one the next door neighbour took one and the two I have left I am keeping for my new water garden that I want to build once I get the area for them cleared out and then with the help of fishpond liner I will turn them into two fish ponds which will be connected with a very old shower bathtubs that I bought at auction a few years back so that they will have a waterfall into both of them :-)

• Mary Beerman

This might look ok in a rural setting. I really wouldn't want to see it in my neighborhood even though I don't live in a "fancy" place. I drive past one of these hanging off someone's mailbox post and it's not all that attractive.