Fabvintage
Fabvintage
  • Tampa, FL

DIY Floating Credenza "Fauxdenza" as Custom Media Cabinet

My small living room required me to find a creative way to hide all of our DVDs, and components, while keeping with the style I wanted to create in the room and the depth restrictions I was working with.
I built a custom, floating credenza out of ikea kitchen cabinets, and wrapped it in a veneered and stained birch plywood (to hide the screws on the top of the cabinets). The Ikea cabinets were the perfect solution since they are only 13" deep, and fit perfectly in the little nook next to the stairs in my living room!
I mounted our TV above the credenza, and ran all the wires through the wall for a gorgeous, streamlined look that I absolutely love!
diy floating credenza fauxdenza as custom media cabinet, kitchen cabinets, painted furniture
Fabvintage