Paper Moon
Paper Moon
  • Spartanburg, SC

Vine Planter

One day as I was walking through the Woods, I came upon this big beautiful vine that had fallen or was cut down from a tree. I decided I would attatch my coconut shells to it and make a vertical planter. If you decide you would like to do this, pre-coat with an insect repelant or you will have critters setting up home in your vine or piece of wood.

I filled a planter with gravel to hold the vine in place and then artistically fashioned the vines in a way that followed the braid of the vine. You will want to use plants that do not grow big, and have shallow root systems like sedom and baby tears. I added a Buddha statue at the base for a nice reflective touch. I love nature and bringing the natural elements in, to and around my home. Happy Earth Day! Every Day (:
Vine Planter
Vine Planter
Vine Planter
Vine Planter
Vine Planter
Vine Planter
Vine Planter
Vine Planter

• Sue Nason

Lovely! Just be sure you aren't picking up a poison ivy vine. They can get quite large on trees.

• Barbara Kimmitt

I must be missing something here. How did you attach the coconut shells to the vine? Wire, hot glue? Love the idea!