R L
R L
  • Mesa, AZ
Asked on Jan 30, 2012

My lr has a brown chocolate couch, orange paisley chairs, turquoise accents. What color is good for the walls?

Ltt834476Yamini LEED AP at Urbanmotifs3po3
+3

• Designs by BSB

Such vibrant colors! Love it! I would vote a neutral to act as a backdrop. What color is your trim, or do you plan to paint that also?

• R L

I would paint the trim also. We rent and have crummy popcorn ceilings so that will probably remain white.

• Faidra at CA Global Inc

would go with a neutral also and a shade lighter or darker for the trim - gloss trim

• 3po3

We have a light, neutral tan color on most of our living room walls, and it sounds like the same might go well in yours. It is a Sherwin-Williams tone called Macadamia. You can use a color visualizer on the S-W site to see if you like this color in your room if you upload photos of your room. You can also go lighter and darker in the same color family. S-W lists a whole array of related colors for each color you pick.

• I am seeing "Greige" a neutral color with a bit of beige and grey!

• Ltt834476

I think keeping the color you have now and paint the wall behind your couch in a turquoise as an accent wall would look really nice. You just need a das of color. You can even do two walls if you see you need more color. Either two walls together or across from each other.