I've got to reorganize my yard ... open to suggestion

+15
I've been whining about how bad my yard looks this year. The lawn looks worse than ever and some of my early spring bulbs did not bloom. Had lots of rabbits and squirrels in the yard .. wonder if they are the culprits? Anyway, I was talking to a contractor about removing some trees along the side and back of the house and looked around then I took some pictures of my yard. It's not *that* bad. I still have some cool things in there and I think I just need some structure ... pull the bed out to give up the struggling bermuda ... it might be liveable ... Suggestions??
To the left of the house, I have a full sun bed. Currently, I have a seemingly healthy rhododendron, various azaleas, a couple of forsythia and a semi-ring of fire power nandina. Daffodil, Gerbera Daisies, Gladiolus and stella doro come up in this bed. My crocus and a couple of other spring flowers I'm used to seeing did not appear this spring. I also have a couple of hot pokers that have barely appeared over the last couple of years (only put up the leaves) and a bunch of small irises near the steps. Everything else is shaded with the exception of the bed around the mailbox. I've loaded that up with all kinds of goodies as well.
*Sigh ... hello, my name is Teresa and I'm an amateur gardener ... lol. Help?
q i ve got to reorganize my yard open to suggestion, flowers, gardening, landscape, Here you can see how the grass is just gone under the canopy of my oak tree I guess I ll pull the bed out to w in a foot or so of the driveway Maybe the grass can survive there I think I need some foundation shrubs though
Here you can see how the grass is just gone under the canopy of my oak tree. I guess I'll pull the bed out to w/in a foot or so of the driveway. Maybe the grass can survive there. I think I need some foundation shrubs though.
q i ve got to reorganize my yard open to suggestion, flowers, gardening, landscape, Again grass is totally gone Boxwoods need to go and that laurel in the far left corner never fully recovered Gotta get rid of that baby japanese maple and hoping the rhodie on the right hangs in there Lost half of it 2 years ago
Again, grass is totally gone. Boxwoods need to go and that laurel in the far left corner never fully recovered. Gotta get rid of that baby japanese maple and hoping the rhodie on the right hangs in there. Lost half of it 2 years ago
q i ve got to reorganize my yard open to suggestion, flowers, gardening, landscape, Despite the crappy lawn and some of my azaleas struggling and someone dropping a pine tree on my japanese maples last summer it doesn t look too too bad
Despite the crappy lawn and some of my azaleas struggling and someone dropping a pine tree on my japanese maples last summer, it doesn't look too too bad.
q i ve got to reorganize my yard open to suggestion, flowers, gardening, landscape, When the flowers are gone it s going to be much less interesting to look at And I m not sure how I will organize the bed once it is pulled out Stuff is kind of everywhere now
When the flowers are gone, it's going to be much less interesting to look at. And I'm not sure how I will organize the bed once it is pulled out. Stuff is kind of everywhere now.