Kristin
Kristin
  • San Marcos, CA

How to use painter tarps as outdoor drapes

This was one of the easiest projects and one that gets so much use!
I gave the tops of the painter tarps a pocket so I could easily slide the pipe through.I sewed a hem on the bottom of the painter tarps based on the height of the pergola.
how to use painter tarps as outdoor drapes, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling, reupholster
I spray painted pipes purchased at home depot for a cheap alternative
This is how we secured them to the house.
We can block the direction of the sun from any direction.  On a side note, I might have added something on the bottom hem to weigh them down so they don't blow when it is windy.
We can block the direction of the sun from any direction. On a side note, I might have added something on the bottom hem to weigh them down so they don't blow when it is windy.
Kristin

• Kes31291956

What did you use to weigh the drop cloth

down when the wind would blow in?

• Mdlert

My friend uses a length of chain bought at Home Depot and laid it in the bottom hem