DIY Fabric Covered Storage Boxes

$25

Are you getting organized in the New Year? You can easily make these adorable and functional fabric covered storage boxes to help you get organized. And would you believe they are made out of cardboard boxes?
diy fabric covered storage boxes, storage ideas, reupholster
You are going to need to get some cardboard boxes to fit your space. I made these ones to fit into my coffee console table. I couldn't find boxes that fit the space perfectly so I ended up adjusting them a bit. The details on how I did it but kept the boxes sturdy is in my blog post.
Now you need to cut 2 pieces of fabric for the sides and 1 piece for the font/bottom/back. I made the boxes look really nice by adding stitching to the front piece.
Now using some spray glue, you will attach the fabric to the box. Start with the sides. You will have to trim the bottom corners to get them to lay flat.
Finish it up with the front/bottom/back piece. Then I added handles with a permanent glue and some grommets.
And to really make them look professional, finish off the inside with a little ribbon to cover your unfinished edges. Beautiful!
Now you just need to fill them up! They can hold so much and they look amazing. I am ready to make some more and finish organizing my whole house.
We love our new storage bins and they are the perfect storage for our new coffee station. Check out the final coffee station reveal here!
I also thrifted a couple cake pans for another storage solution for our coffee station. Check it out here!
Make sure to check out my blog for all the details! It's my new favorite place in our home.
Kati @ Houseful of Handmade