DIY Wire Mesh Baskets for Those Awkward Spaces

$20

Have a funny nook or cranny that you want to find a pretty looking basket for? Why spend a gazillion hours looking for exactly the right sized wire mesh basket when you can make one?! These DIY baskets are really fun to make and they have that vintage industrial vibe that I love so much!
Try making a little one first, and then go bigger! All you need is some hardware cloth (I found mine in the fencing section of Home Depot) and some simple tools.
The hardware cloth is relatively cheap (mine was about $12 CDN for a big roll), and you'll also need to grab some wire cutters, safety gloves and some needle nosed pliers.
You can also spray paint them when you're done making them. I really like how they look sprayed with an oil rubbed bronze finish.
All you need to do, is cut your wire mesh into a cross shape, fold up the sides and then attache the sides together by wrapping the wire around itself at the corners with needle nosed pliers.
I have this all in a video tutorial for you, so please visit my blog post for the complete video how-to! Happy basket making!

These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Christina Dennis

• Anny Palanzi
    Anny Palanzi

Is hardware cloth the same as a drop cloth?

• Shirley
      Shirley

No. Dropcloth is just that- cloth. Hardware cloth is made of wire

• Dor2415058
    Dor2415058

Sorry but I am new to DIY projects. Just retired what is the cloth for when making the wire baskets.?

• Shannon Cila
      Shannon Cila

Yes, it is the wire mesh, probably called cloth because it comes in rolls and measured by the yard. It is heavier and more durable than chicken wire. We used it in our chicken house on the windows to keep weasels & such out. You can buy it in different weights & types at feed stores for livestock. It would be easier to work with than chicken wire but chicken wire would be a lot lighter and more flexible.