Protecting a white faux brick wall

+6
Any thoughts on how to protect a painted, faux white brick wall from stove and sink splashes? It covers the entire wall that both appliances are on, but I'm afraid that after so many splashes it will get worn away.????Any ideas?
  • Funnygirl Funnygirl on Jan 27, 2016
    I had a similar kitchen.the previous owner applied flexible clear piece of plastic on the backsplash.easy to wipe clean.Lowes has all types of plastic and lucite.bring your measurements in case they need to cut it.It can be difficult to get a clean line at home especially if the plastic is thick
  • Dee Dee on Jan 28, 2016
    Super idea! Thanks!
  • Maryellen Maryellen on Jan 28, 2016
    I painted mine a faux granite to match my counter tops and just sprayed a light coating of water based clear sealer on it. I'm on year 10 and it's still shiny and easy to clean. And in case you wondered --- I used matte sealer in the bathroom over a stencil behind the sink and when I repainted, I just sanded it lightly with a sanding sponge and it covered fine with latex paint!
  • I would say a clear matte sealer also.
  • Dee Dee on Jan 28, 2016
    Great idea, I can do that! Thanks Maryellen!
  • Dee Dee on Jan 28, 2016
    Great ideas from all. Love Hometalk friends!
  • Pat whitmus Pat whitmus on Jan 28, 2016
    My sister in-law covered hers with plexiglas but I think the spray sealer would look nicer! :)
  • Krystal Brent Krystal Brent on Jan 29, 2016
    Or if you use a semi-gloss or enamel paint it will hold up to wear and tear better