5 Gorgeous Ways to Use Succulents

Succulents are all the rage right now and for good reason. They are easy to care for, difficult to kill, and thrive in dry rocky conditions. Follow the link to find 5 ways to use them in your home with TONS of the best inspiration photos from around the internet!
I planted this little guy in a Dollar Store jar with some pea gravel, soil, and aquarium sand.  A year later, still thriving!
I planted this little guy in a Dollar Store jar with some pea gravel, soil, and aquarium sand. A year later, still thriving!
Get funky.  I planted this succulent in some gravel and soil in a birdbath.  Just be sure to avoid extreme temps and don't let it gather too much water if you do this outside.
Get funky. I planted this succulent in some gravel and soil in a birdbath. Just be sure to avoid extreme temps and don't let it gather too much water if you do this outside.
A candle ring takes a little white to arrange but WOW, such impact!  {source: Harry and David}
A candle ring takes a little white to arrange but WOW, such impact! {source: Harry and David}
Succulents are ideal in vertical gardens because they require only a little amount of soil.  {source: Country Living}
Succulents are ideal in vertical gardens because they require only a little amount of soil. {source: Country Living}
Glass domes and terrariums are showstoppers when filled with succulents and mosses.  This dome from World Market would look great with succulents nestled inside.
Glass domes and terrariums are showstoppers when filled with succulents and mosses. This dome from World Market would look great with succulents nestled inside.
Carrie MakingLemonade

• Jackie

i have a old fish tank do you think i could use it to grow Succulents indoors in it ? Any help will be Great i am new at this thank you .

• Adventures In Junking

@Jackie You bet. Just don't overwater. Some succulents are low growing, but if you look at my repurposed container garden - and specifically the pipe box - you will see a succulent that grows tall (I don't know it's name, unfortunately).

• Vicki

I love succulents, but can't have them inside as I have 5 rescued cats and they tend to eat plants. So I found some artificial ones at Dollar Tree store. They are lovely in a basket that I bought at the thrift store at which I volunteer. I am now going to "plant" some miniature succulents in the bottom of an old oil lamp with moss and small rocks.