No-Sew Drop Cloth Drapes With A Faux Valance, Can't Get Any Easier

$25

After getting rid of our vertical blinds, I wanted something that would look nice in our lower level, but without spending a lot of money. I finally decided on drop cloth drapes, that had a valance but with NO sewing involved!
After measuring my height and width of our glass slider, I went to Home Depot and bought two packages that measured 5’9″ x 8’9″, each. After I got them home and opened them, would you believe there was a seam going horizontally across one of the panels, right dab in the middle! I know they were drop cloths and painters could care less, BUT I didn't want a seam in the middle of my drapes. So I took the package back and in exchanging it, the checkout person and I opened the new package to make sure there were no horizontal seams. Just a word of warning, keep your receipt.
I just ironed the fabric, but if you want to wash them ahead of time, go for it! I bought a nice rod from Target and after sliding the rings on it and installing it, I proceeded to clip the drop cloth on to the rings.
Knowing what the height of my drapes should be, I estimated where I should fold the top of the drape forward to form my valance and clip it to the rings. I did a few on each end of the window and then rechecked them.
I didn't want my drape to touch the flooring too much because it would be sliding open and closed and this was also the area where we would enter into the house, meaning there could be dirt or wetness from outside, forming on the carpeting or our rug that we kept near this door.
After everything was clipped on and I was sure the length to both the valance and to the flooring looked even, I was done. So easy!

Theredpaintedcottage

• Ann

I really like the drop cloths for drapes. I hung some at my closet instead of tbe folding doors that I hated.

• Kelly

Genius!! Love it!! Thanks for sharing.