Light Up Canvas Art
I made light up canvas art for my kids for Christmas. It's easy and fun!
1 canvas - I scored mine at Big Lots for $2.50
Acrylic Paint of your choice
Image printed out - mine was printed on a laser printer so the ink wouldn't run.
1 pack battery operated lights
1. Paint the canvas with acrylic paint of your choice. My son's favorite color is red and my daughter's is blue so those are the colors I went with. Once done, let dry.
2. For my daughter's I wanted some clouds so I painted some white clouds on her canvas with acrylic paint and let dry.
3. Print out your image. I'm sure you could used photo paper too, but I printed out the images I wanted on good old paper using a laser printer.
4. Cut your image and space out how you would like it to look on your canvas.
5. Mod Podge the back of the image(s) and stick to the canvas. You might have to hold them in place a bit to make sure they'll stick as paper tends to curl. After they were staying in place I Mod Podged over the top of the images and onto the canvas. Again holding them down to make sure they sticked. Once that had settled I decided to Mod Podge lightly over the whole canvas and images again. Let this dry well.
6. I took out my battery operated lights (mine came from Dollar Tree). I roughly planned out where I wanted my lights to be measuring them out on the front of the canvas. I used the ice pick to poke holes through the canvas where the lights would go.
7. I turned the picture over and taped the base to the back of the frame inside the wood setting. You could hot glue it as well. I just wanted the flexibility to change my lights in and out if they die. I pushed the lights in the holes.
*The only thing I would change is that I didn't realize how long each LED light truly was. I ended up pushing them through a little more than I wanted to because the bulb was so long it pushed against the wall when I hung them not letting them hang flush. I might change them to regular lights... we'll see.
My son loves superheroes.
My daughter loves Night Fury - Toothless
I had fun doing theirs so I made one for myself. I painted my picture and then just added the lights to it.
I would love to have you follow my blog - www.chascrazycreations.com
For those interested, I will be making a new light up canvas on Hometalk Live Monday, November 28th at 7pm EST. Hope to see you there! (Hometalk's Facebook page) Hope to see you there!
I would love to have you stop by my blog Chas' Crazy Creations for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...
I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg
- Acrylic paint
- Printed cut outs of your choice
Top Hometalk Projects
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go