IrisNacole
IrisNacole
  • San Antonio, TX

Valentine's Day Pillow Tutorial

$15-20

Hi again! It's time again for another fun ! Today I'm sharing a really fun pillowcase tutorial using an image from GraphicStock. If you aren't familiar with GraphicStock let me fill you in. GraphicStock is a subscription based database of graphics, ready for download at a moments notice and in various formats. I've been a member for about a month now, and oh man have I found a ton of images that I
valentine s day pillow tutorial createandshare, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, valentines day ideas
Once your image has been downloaded from GraphicStock, load your image to Photoshop (Photoshop Elements). Use the magic eraser tool (See left tool bar-Eraser Image (Drop down to "Magic Eraser") to remove the white background. Drag the eraser to the white part of the image and click. The background will then become transparent. If you see other white spots in the image that you'd like to remove repeat the process until you are satisfied.
Supplies:
(Light) Image Transfer Paper
Canvas pillow cover
Iron (Do NOT use the steam setting for this project.)
Tutorial:
**Tip: Make sure your iron is extremely hot, and that your pillow cover has been ironed to allow for a nice flat surface.**
Once your image has been printed onto the transfer paper, line your image up onto your pillow cover. It is recommended to cut your image out before starting this process to create a smaller image transfer paper and avoid extra transfer paper from being transferred onto your surface. I always forget this step, and regret it. Haha! When you are satisfied with the placement of the image, take your iron and iron over the image paper. Be sure to press down with a good amount of pressure, and to iron the entire image in order to ensure that your image is transferred over correctly. Once you have ironed on your image to your pillow cover, turn your iron off, and let the paper cool. After a few minutes remove your transfer paper from the canvas pillow cover, lifting from a corner and removing slowly. In my case the ink didn't fully transfer, creating a lighter image than I had expected, but as with most things, this ended up being a happy little accident. I really like the way it looks!
Click on over to my blog to see what my fellow Create & Share participants have done for this month's challenge!
IrisNacole