Portable {Mini} Fire Feature

Just a something small we made to use indoors as well as outdoors. It gives a lovely glow and will go perfectly, as a table centerpiece, with a BBQ {especially with our all year round BBQ in SA!}
A few pieces of leftover planks, some glass, mesh wire, a can and you end up with this lovely piece.
Almost there - wooden box is built, with the glass structure, the steel mesh and can is in place.
Topped with stones - added cooking gel fuel - and ready to be lit!
Linda@With A Blast

• So glad I stumbled upon this. I purchased a small, modern metal and thick glass aquarium looking container to do the exact thing. But every local hardware store and even friends that make and own a glass jewelry gallery have all said it was impossible, mostly due to heat combustion. I was told the glass would shatter. Has anyone experienced this problem? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. I was planning on using colored glass chips instead of stones. Sincerely, Meg Jones-Interior Designer

• NancyMaria

Can use hand sanitizer also, it burns well too. Just be sure to be well ventilated where ever you use it.

• Linda@With A Blast

@Professional Interior Designer We have used ours several times with no problems, the glass does not even get hot because it is a small flame and in the center. Also, this is a decorative item and not something to act as a small fireplace/heater. I am not sure whether anyone has actually used an aquarium yet, but I have seen others which looks very similar to mine {some have a metal bottom where mine has a wooden base} Hope yours work out ;-)