How to Deal With All The Daffodil Leaves After Blooming

You had gorgeous daffodils and now you have leaves turning yellow and brown. Don't cut them! Here is a suggestion on how to deal with them!

Libby at An Eye For Detail

• Jean Luby

Each spring I have a huge clump of daffodil leaves, yet no bloom just leaves. It's gone on for years. I'm reluctant to digging it up. Can anyone help?

• Joyce Riney

If you have been using the rubbber band technique from this video, reconsider. Our county extension agent says that it prevents the plant from getting the nourishment it needs to rejuvenate the plant the following year.

• Mary C

Thank you so much Douglas....and yes, Florida's summer heat is something that needs to be beat...perhaps an early evening visit/walk through would be best, after Mr. Sunshine has burned us all out and is preparing to sleep for the day. I promise to try my best to leave only footprints and take away my memories of your garden after the visit, but please know, I love when there is an opportunity to have a snip, pinch, snap, clip or tug of a peice from beautiful plant in hopes of growing one for my own home garden....I look forward to seeing all of your beauties and gaining some ideas as well..... Thank you again... Mary

• Joyce Riney

You may want to rethink posting this, When I took my Master Gardener class, this is one of the things I had been doing for years until I found out it was not good for the plant and its ability to renourish itself from the green stems,