DIY Moroccan Dessert Plates

This month's was all about using a Graphic Stock image to make unique home decor items. I fell in love with a Moroccan inspired image that I just had to make dessert plates to highlight all the bold colors. Head over to the blog for the full tutorial and 19 other projects you can make at home! [http://www.casawatkins.net/2016/01/diy-moroccan-dessert-plates-with.html]See post here[/url]
I love incorporating globally inspired decor into my home. A very easy way to accomplish a global home is to use interchangeable accents like tableware. Not everyone can purchase a slew of plates to coordinate with each tablescape, so why not make your own.
Here are the glass plates I started with. Absolutely nothing spectacular about these plain plates, right?! Transform these plain plates into Moroccan themed beauties in just a few steps.
Start by downloading and printing your GraphicStock image. I currently am offering a 7 day FREE trial period on my blog. So be sure to head there to obtain your free trial.
Cut out your image and be sure to use a cleaned glass plate for the next step. I wanted to achieve an etched textured look to my plate, so I used a stencil brush to apply my decoupage. For a smoother finish, use a decoupage brush or sponge.
Working quickly, apply a coat of glossy decoupage to the front of the image first. Then, apply a coat to the back side of your plate.
Head on over to the blog for great tips on finishing your plate and how to achieve the gold accents to your dish! PLUS get a FREE 7 Day Trial period for Graphicstock to make your own set of plates!! [http://www.casawatkins.net/2016/01/diy-moroccan-dessert-plates-with.html]See post full post here[/url]

Stephanie @ Casa Watkins Living

• Val

I think they would make for great art plates to hang on the wall too.

• Beth Turlington Snavely

Know someone who does this with Christmas print fabric. Then she gives them to friends filled with home baked cookies.