DIY Moroccan Dessert Plates

This month's was all about using a Graphic Stock image to make unique home decor items. I fell in love with a Moroccan inspired image that I just had to make dessert plates to highlight all the bold colors. Head over to the blog for the full tutorial and 19 other projects you can make at home! [http://www.casawatkins.net/2016/01/diy-moroccan-dessert-plates-with.html]See post here[/url]
I love incorporating globally inspired decor into my home. A very easy way to accomplish a global home is to use interchangeable accents like tableware. Not everyone can purchase a slew of plates to coordinate with each tablescape, so why not make your own.
Here are the glass plates I started with. Absolutely nothing spectacular about these plain plates, right?! Transform these plain plates into Moroccan themed beauties in just a few steps.
Start by downloading and printing your GraphicStock image. I currently am offering a 7 day FREE trial period on my blog. So be sure to head there to obtain your free trial.
Cut out your image and be sure to use a cleaned glass plate for the next step. I wanted to achieve an etched textured look to my plate, so I used a stencil brush to apply my decoupage. For a smoother finish, use a decoupage brush or sponge.
Working quickly, apply a coat of glossy decoupage to the front of the image first. Then, apply a coat to the back side of your plate.
Head on over to the blog for great tips on finishing your plate and how to achieve the gold accents to your dish! PLUS get a FREE 7 Day Trial period for Graphicstock to make your own set of plates!! [http://www.casawatkins.net/2016/01/diy-moroccan-dessert-plates-with.html]See post full post here[/url]

Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Stephanie @ Casa Watkins Living

• Marie
    Marie

How will you wash this particular dish?

• Jacx
      Jacx

I made a set like this in 1974, used them for 4 yrs, gave to my neighbor who kept them several yrs. She sold them in a garage sale! If you take care of them they are sturdy. HANDWASH! Don't leave to soak in the sink.

• Karla
    Karla

Would spraying the back of the design with polyurethane after it is on the plate help protect it when you wash them?

• Vallerie Fletcher
    Vallerie Fletcher

Thank you! I have the perfect idea now! Only draw back is the utility limitations as dinner ware due to washing issue however would be amazing as a serving piece and hand wash. I would love to know if can put design in between 2 glass plates and somehow seal?

• Val
    Val

I think they would make for great art plates to hang on the wall too.

• Beth Turlington Snavely
    Beth Turlington Snavely

Know someone who does this with Christmas print fabric. Then she gives them to friends filled with home baked cookies.