How to Create a Raised Stencil on Furniture

I upcycled this old TV cabinet and even though I loved it as it was I thought it was missing something so I decided to try out a new technique and add a raised stencil on the doors. I think it turned out lovely and definitely is adding an extra depth and character to the piece.
how to create a raised stencil on furniture, how to, painted furniture, rustic furniture
Once the piece of furniture is prepared. Choose a stencil and tape it to the piece
I used wood filler, but I have read people using polyfilla (in US spackling paste I believe) and covered the stencil evenly.
Remove the stencil whilst the paste is still wet
Paint and add depth using wax
More information and step by step guide on the blog.
From Evija with Love

• LibraryKAT

It looks really nice. You did a great job. It is also true to the period of the piece. My 1925 sewing machine cabinet has 'wood' appliances very similar to this. Thanks for sharing. :-)

• Tallahassee Girl

Inspired? Will you try this project? Let the author know!
    tencils ?