Good Example of a failing shower due to incorrect installation and having to "do it over" from a previously incorrect

installation
Signs of shower failure, before we took the tile back
Well - after we got the curb up, we had nails through the top of the curb and the membrane was cut in the corners
The curb was completely rotted away the floor was rotted through and mold had started to grow
We removed the damage, installed a new sub deck and went back with the WEDI system sub paneling...
Nice tile with a good accent strip was chosen by the customer
Finshed off and tied together nicely... finished project, happy customer and a good lesson. Make sure you are choosing reputable contractors and checking their work during the process is a good habit.

Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas

• Terry
    Terry

I had a contractor put new tile on old sheetrock...not even blue board...leaked like a sieve between the shower and tub ...rotted the joists...I sincerely hope that contract rots in hell. I certainly did my best online to warn people.

• Kathleen
    Kathleen

Why don't you folks go after these contractors to force them to do the right thing? That is what I would do. Get an attorney to have the contractor pay to have it fixed.