Deck Railing Upcycled to Porch Ladder

$5.00

Our DD and SIL bought a foreclosure that needed a ton of work and as they yanked down the railings I envisioned the perfect place for one of the sections. I have a reputation for seeing the unseen when it comes to upcycles....especially when others see it as junk.
deck railing upcycled to porch ladder, decks, diy, home improvement, outdoor living, painting, porches
I asked them to set aside one section so I could paint it and make it into a decorative ladder.
I sanded it just enough to take off the biggest flaking pieces of paint. I left just enough to be able to distress it after it was painted.
I used a rock and sanding sponge to take off just enough to keep it authentic.
We don't have to pay a lot of money for our home decor. A bit of ingenuity and creativity can bring you one-of-a-kind results.
Take cast offs, add some creative flair by pulling together several different pieces of decor and you'll be the talk of the town. To read more of the details on this project visit Love My DIY Home at the link below:
Val Frania {Love My DIY Home}