Quick and Easy Playhouse Makeover

My super sweet neighbors gave us a Little Tikes Play House that their kids had outgrown.That’s when the fantastic idea hit me:
How cute would it be to have a play house that matches our real house?
Very cute indeed! We spray painted the play house in the same color scheme as our real house using high quality spray paint. It turned out so cute {if I do say so myself!}
Here is what it looked like before:
And here is the lovely after!
We decided to make a semi-permanent place for the play house in our yard and surrounded it with mulch on every side. Now the play house is super cute and we don’t have to move the house when we cut the grass!
When the kids are done playing, the play house also serves as extra storage for outdoor toys.
For an added touch of personality, we added some beautiful flowers under the window and a couple solar lights to the front.

Carrie This Home

• Ginger's Backyard

What brand of spray paint did you use? It is very cute!

• Carrie This Home

@Patricia Brannan There is a variety specifically made for plastics but we used this kind in the photo. The color was exactly what we were looking for and it sprayed on very well. We've experienced very high and very low temps and the paint is chipping off in a couple areas. I don't consider that a huge problem since I can touch it up. That may be a deal breaker for others, so in that case I would suggest using the line specifically made for plastics to see if that works better.

• Adorable! I want to paint my Little Tykes coup and play set. Carrie, this is so adorable. I've seen it before, but that was before I knew you!

• Carrie This Home

@Val Frania {Love My DIY Home} This has really been one of the most fun DIY projects we've ever done. You'll be so happy with it! That's so cool you've seen the tutorial before. It's so fun getting to know other bloggers!

• Ginger's Backyard

Thank you, that's usually what I like to use as well.