2 Ways to Root African Violets From Leaf Cuttings

$1
2 Weeks

Most indoor plants are foliage plants, but African Violets bloom all the time and come in so many colors! They are so easy to grow, in fact, you can root a new plant easily from a single leaf cutting!

I tried 2 ways to do this with about 10 leaf cutting, and got 100% success! Which means...10 new plants! OMG!

Find a healthy leaf, use a clean and sharp knife to slice it off at the base.

First method is to submerge the base of leaves in clean, room temp water.

the second one is to root them in soil. Ready to start your indoor African Violet garden? Check out more details and comparisons of these 2 methods at the link here! https://www.apieceofrainbow.com/grow-african-violet/

• Plants
  • Water

25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
APieceofRainbow

• Jay
    Jay

I have a geranium in a tub that I grew from seed last year and being a newbie I’m quite proud.

It has got an orange disease on the leaves,does anyone know what it is and what the best treatment for it?

thanks

• Stolzy
      Stolzy

It sounds like "rust". You're probably watering when the leaves don't have time to dry before the sun gets too high.

I'd take off all the damaged leaves. Rust can spread and affect the entire plant.

Water early,early..or after dinner. Get a nice glass of wine and water things.

• Does anyone have luck with Christmas cactus plants? I've had this plant for 5-7 yrs and though it's still alive, it's never flowered.

• Christine McNeill
      Christine McNeill

Place them in a cool dark room for 8 hrs, move them to the light for at least 8 hrs for 30 days. I read this somewhere and it works for me.

• Debbie
    Debbie

Does anyone know why a hydrangea won't bloom? I have had one in my front front flowerbed for about 6 yrs now. I stopped cutting it back because I read I could be cutting off the buds for the following year. I have another in a different bed and its blooming.

• Elaine Kinsey
      Elaine Kinsey

I am not sure if this is the correct answer but I know cutting it back it wont bloom the next year. I cut my way down two years ago because it was overgrown and woody and it did not bloom the next year. This year it is blooming wonderfully. Also my lawn guy told me that some plants down bloom if the lawn is treated and the treatment seeps into the garden bed. I have two grass plants that have never bloomed but it keeps growing it just green. Jusy a couple of my experiences

• Joannie
    Joannie

I might try me some of these. I don't know how but if I plant it, it grows. EXCEPT (lol) an Aloe plant.....

• Stolzy
      Stolzy

Aloe plants like to be left alone. If you water the others 1 x week... water the aloe every 2 weeks. They're a desert plant. They like sun and not a lot of water. I use the tray to water and still only fill that every 3 weeks. The plant will take what it needs.

• Emebet Tadesse
    Emebet Tadesse

Nice