Noting Grace
Noting Grace
  • Columbia, TN

Stretching Your Grocery Budget

$0

Looking for ways to stretch that dollar to feed your family? Here are tips that I've found to help our family of four.
stretching your grocery budget, How many times have you thrown food away because it spoiled before you ate it
How many times have you thrown food away because it spoiled before you ate it?
stretching your grocery budget, We changed our approach to food and have stretched our savings and food stores by using these few tricks
We changed our approach to food and have stretched our savings and food stores by using these few tricks.
stretching your grocery budget, Buying nuts in bulk is cheaper but you don t want them to go back Separate them into air tight containers until you re ready to use them
Buying nuts in bulk is cheaper, but you don't want them to go back. Separate them into air tight containers until you're ready to use them.
stretching your grocery budget, We freeze our own beans We soak them and divide them into meal size servings and lay them flat to freeze
We freeze our own beans! We soak them and divide them into meal size servings and lay them flat to freeze.
stretching your grocery budget, We portion our meats and freeze them
We portion our meats and freeze them.
stretching your grocery budget, Just make sure to label the freezer bag with the date and remove as much air as possible
Just make sure to label the freezer bag with the date and remove as much air as possible.
stretching your grocery budget, We do this for all our meats chicken ground beef ground turkey pork loin steaks
We do this for all our meats - chicken, ground beef, ground turkey, pork loin steaks.
stretching your grocery budget, TIP Save all your chicken scraps skin and bones as well as any vegetable scraps I store them in a freezer bag and once the bag is full I slow cook the scraps into a broth I let the broth cool and skim the fat then store it
TIP! Save all your chicken scraps, skin and bones, as well as any vegetable scraps. I store them in a freezer bag and once the bag is full, I slow cook the scraps into a broth. I let the broth cool and skim the fat, then store it!
stretching your grocery budget, For portion control freeze your cookie dough We fly through a batch of cookies in a few days Roll the dough into small balls and freeze them
For portion control, freeze your cookie dough. We fly through a batch of cookies in a few days. Roll the dough into small balls and freeze them.
stretching your grocery budget, Transfer them to a freezer bag with the baking instructions on the outside Only take out the number of cookies you want to eat
Transfer them to a freezer bag with the baking instructions on the outside. Only take out the number of cookies you want to eat.
stretching your grocery budget, We make our own granola It s so easy just find your favorite recipe and make Much cheaper than store bought without all the preservatives
We make our own granola. It's so easy, just find your favorite recipe and make. Much cheaper than store bought without all the preservatives.
stretching your grocery budget, One of our biggest money savers is making our own pizza We buy frozen dough in bulk We ve made our own pizza sauce too Each pizza comes to about 2 75
One of our biggest money savers is making our own pizza. We buy frozen dough in bulk. We've made our own pizza sauce, too. You can read more about how we save $600 a year on Pizza with this Hometalk post: http://www.hometalk.com/6163232/how-i-saved-600-on-pizza
stretching your grocery budget, Making your own bread may be daunting but it s really quite easy One recipe we use makes two loaves
Making your own bread may be daunting, but it's really quite easy. One recipe we use makes two loaves.
Noting Grace