DIY Hand Painted Talavera Tile Accent Wall

$400

We did a concrete patio extension with a pergola last year, so this year I decided it needed a little flair. I did a tile accent wall which is a great back drop for a Mexican Chiminea. It compliments the "Polatems" which I posted in 2012.
This is the wall as it looked before.
First I added the tile to the middle post. And then started my step down design on the sides following the concrete blocks as my guide. I was able to buy the tiles on line on ebay and at Mexican tile outlets in the Phoenix area.
After I finished the step down design on both sides, I then finished it off with the terracotta bullnose to match the cornered edge pieces on the center post.
Repeating design on both sides.
Added final edging with bullnose
All done and grouted
A picture showing the accent wall and my "Polatems" as they compliment each other.

30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives

• Sandra L Warren
    Sandra L Warren

I love your tile masterpiece, that drab wall was desperate for an awakening and you delivered. I do have to ask though, what purpose exactly do those bi-fold doors serve? They seem to go to nothing. Are they being used as a privacy screen, or to block the sun?

• Merry Standridge
    Merry Standridge

I may have missed it, but what adhesive did you use to attach the tiles to the stone? I have a brick wall that needs snazzing up.

• Carolin
    Carolin

I would like to know where you get the tile?I would like to do a mosaic on an end table top. I would like small ceramic tiles, multiple colours

• Ralph Aguilar
    Ralph Aguilar

I think I’m going to do this on my backyard this is awesome 👏🏼 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼💯💯💯

• LakeviewBlinds
    LakeviewBlinds

Looking for stylish and modern Blinds to cover up your window and other desired locations. Lakeview Blinds Awnings & Shutters carefully manufacture best quality products that are long lasting. Get affordable shutters, blinds, duel roller blinds, custom made blind, roman blinds online, Vertical Blinds NSW, outdoor roller blinds. Browse now.