DIY Hand Painted Talavera Tile Accent Wall

$400
We did a concrete patio extension with a pergola last year, so this year I decided it needed a little flair. I did a tile accent wall which is a great back drop for a Mexican Chiminea. It compliments the "Polatems" which I posted in 2012.
This is the wall as it looked before.
First I added the tile to the middle post. And then started my step down design on the sides following the concrete blocks as my guide. I was able to buy the tiles on line on ebay and at Mexican tile outlets in the Phoenix area.
After I finished the step down design on both sides, I then finished it off with the terracotta bullnose to match the cornered edge pieces on the center post.
diy hand painted talevera tile accent wall, outdoor living, painting, wall decor, Repeating design on both sides
Repeating design on both sides.
Added final edging with bullnose
All done and grouted
A picture showing the accent wall and my "Polatems" as they compliment each other.

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 17 questions

Comments

2 of 158 comments
Next