Ems
Ems
  • Phoenix, AZ
Asked on Feb 2, 2012

How do you remove a Clorox stain on toilet seat?

Becky GreenwaldRandy AbramovitzSherrie S
+8

I accidentally moved the toilet scrubber brush and didn't realize there were droplets of water with Clorox in it that landed on the plastic toilet seat. Hours later, it stained the seat and I haven't been able to clean it off. Any suggestions? Thank you for your help.
  • You have bleached out the color in the seat. You cannot correct this. Sorry to say but the only way to fix is to replace the seat.

• Ems

Bummer. I was hoping there was some magic product I could use, but luckily plastic toilet seats aren't that expensive. Thank you for letting me know.

• 3po3

All in all, a pretty easy, cheap way to learn a lesson.

• Sun79032

Perhaps you could remove the seat & spray paint it with the paint made for plastic?

• Ems

Diane, that is a really interesting idea. I have been wanting to test out spray painting for some fixer up projects, so this will be a great way to test this out simply and cheaply. Thanks for the great idea. I'll let you know how it goes.

• Sun79032

Yes, please let us know. The paint wouldn't be scrubable, but washing down with a cloth and some mild cleaner ought to work especially if you let the paint dry very well before using seat. Read the paint directions well to be sure.

• Summer

I use Plastic Seats ... Always had a problem with wood ones. good luck!

• Janet D

as far as I know you can't remove bleach stains you will have to buy another one

• Sherrie S

I can tell you from experience that you can't remove the stain. It will get harder and harder to clean. I'm kinda glad I messed up the seat because I found the newer seats that close slowly & quietly. They don't just crash when put down.

• Randy Abramovitz

Didn't you read the bottle? I think that it says "Kills 99.99% of toilet seats" somewhere in that tiny print that I can't read. I discolored my seat, too, but I polished it back to shiny, and applied lemon furniture wax. Good as new, if you don't slip off the seat and kill yourself and your butt is big enough to prevent you from falling in. Slippery but visually acceptable. Chlorox cleanup worked great on the sink and toilet bowl, though.

• Becky Greenwald

New toilet seats are rather inexpensive..........