Brenda Lowe
Brenda Lowe
  • Franklin, TN
Asked on Apr 22, 2013

Bean sprouts died two days after transplanting????

KMS WoodworksBrenda Lowe360 Sod (Donna Dixson)
+1

I have about 20 bean plants I sprouted from seeds. They were approximately 6 inches tall when I transplanted them to a raised garden bed using Miracle Grow Vegetable Garden soil. Two days later...they were dried up and looked basically dead! Can anyone tell me what went wrong?
  • 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

What was the night time temperatures when you transplanted them? And did you water them when you transplanted?

• KMS Woodworks

transplants need a really good drink after being moved. Just like when moving into a new apartment...plenty of drink afterwards...At least I used to say that to my brother after moving his tons and tons of books.

• Brenda Lowe

Hmmm...no, I don't think I did. It was evening and I just wanted to get them in the soil before it rained that night. It did rain that night, however, so they did get watered not long after planting them.

• KMS Woodworks

unless you got a nice 2" of rain over many hour, the rain did not help much. Most transplant roots are a few inches under ground by the time your done. It takes a lot of rain to reach that depth.