Steampunk Jewelry Stand

We love scouring the flea market for fun finds. And we love love love jewelry! So it was a no brainer for us to marry the two!
We made this jewelry stand using china plates and wooden spools from the flea market. And just for fun, we added a little steampunk flair with little locks and tiny keys!
steampunk jewelry stand, crafts, organizing, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas
We found lots of china plates to choose from at the flea market. We looked for plates with swirly gold edging. For just a few dollars, we got a fancy dinner plate, salad plate, and a saucer!
To make the tiered jewelry display, we glued spools between the plates.Then to dress it up, we wrapped the spools with vintage-style filigrees and old rhinestone cup chain (from the flea market, of course!).
We wanted to hang pearl chain in swags from the underside of the plates, so we invented little hangers using shirt buttons. (The complete how-to for the little hangers is on our blog at http://runningwithsisters.com/under-lock-and-key-tiered-jewelry-display/)
We think this jewelry stand would also make a chic cupcake stand! To see the complete how-to, including how we glued the stacked plates and how to make the swag hooks, come over to our blog at RunningWithSisters.com. We have loads of flea market projects, and we are always available if you have any questions. Just leave us a comment and we'll reply!
Cheers,
Jennifer & Kitty, The O'Neil Sisters
Jennifer & Kitty O'Neil

• Val15399747

I really like your project but I have to have something where every piece is more visible so I can get it without having to move pieces out of the way. To each its own! It would work more for me as a cup cake holder or just earrings. It is a future project for me and I thank you for the inspiration. πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½

• Sounds great! Definitely tweak the design to suit your needs. We're happy you feel inspired! Best of luck with your project!

• DORA BARNES

I love it