Tammy H
Tammy H
  • Corona, CA

Ceiling Fan Drum Light

Adding a drum shade to ceiling fan and adding texture to the shade
ceiling fan drum light, lighting
ceiling fan drum light, lighting
ceiling fan drum light, lighting
Tammy H

• Ethyl

Lampshade ceiling fan... We have been wanting to do this for our son's room, and gave been searching for a fan with a single globe. Can you give us more of your steps in doing this. It seems to be a pretty simple thing to do, but any hints are appreciated! Thanks, Ethyl

• Ethyl

Hi again, I have scrolled this site, but I must be missing something. Can you tell me how you attached the light and lampshade? Thanks

• Lynne Webb

I have wondered the same thing. Adorable addition and update.

• Jeanette

I would get on a ladder and figure out a way to attach it using thin, covered wire, like the ones they use to twist-tie all those toy parts into the boxes. So irritating. A home improvement store should have something along those lines. Then again, I am a jury-rig fixer, LOL! I am going to do this in my guest/junk room.

• Tf.363395

Hi, I have the same question as the previous post; how did you attach the drum to the fan? Thanks for sharing Fabiola

• Dpd7049258

I'm also unable to bring up the directions. Can you help?
    • Jean Schindler

I can't bring up the directions either.
    • M. K. M.

You have to click on her link to her blog. The more views a blogger gets, the more successful her blogspot becomes. The advertisers on their website pay out money to the blogger, based on varying factors. Even Hometalk receives shares from their advertisers. But I can't find the directions on her site either.
    • Joa10993786

attached them with some cording and tied them to the light fixture…mainly for cleaning reasons. Use the search feature on her blog and search for ceiling fan drum shade

• Tammy H

With Electrical cording. I tied them to the Metal piece where the blades were removed.

• Jean Myles

I love this idea. Is there some where we can get instructions that explain how to attach the shade? I checked the links and didn't see anything. TY