Home Organization Command Center for $9 #30dayflip Organization

I have 3 young boys, so we have endless projects, schedules and to-dos! So we were in desperate need of a command center, but on a budget! Our hot mess of a corner got a much needed facelift and on a HUGE budget! This is the end result. The shelf is a pallet (free) cut to make a shelf, I added another piece of board from the pallet (cut to fit) the bottom so items wouldn't fall through. I stained it with my homemade vinegar/steel wool mix for an weathered look :)
This is the before of the hot mess corner!
The chalkboard/ calendar was purchased at Michaels with a 50%off coupon so it was only $7 but very PLAIN!
So I stained it with my vinegar /steel wool stain to give it an aged look. I added a fun print fabric, $1, i bought this sweet love sign for $1, also stained with my mix, and used some stencils to write a thoughtful saying (because my handwriting isn't so pretty ) lol. I love the way it turned out!!
The pallet shelf after sanding (the before color)
The after..... I stained it with the vinegar mix and then stenciled a meaningful saying, just to remind us, of the best way to spend our time :)
So for $9, some creativity and a little time, I was able to create the perfect command station for our family!
Visit my facebook page for more transformations. I am selling locally :) www.facebook.com/roughlyrefined

3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions

• Sue Purdy

Love this!!!! Great project Christina :)

• Capernius

SWEET! :-D for my wife & I to keep all our scheduled appointments & the like, we went to an office supply store & bought a HUGE dry erase calendar(2 feet tall x 3 feet wide) and then I made a frame for it(only for cosmetics) & hung it on the wall. each one of the squares for each day is 4 1/4 inches square, so we have tons of room to write in appointments. What I used to frame it with, was some fancy looking stuff I found at a hardware store on sale. If you do this, you do not NEED the frame, just pin/staple it to the wall. :-)