Christina Robart
Christina Robart
  • Summerville, SC

Home Organization Command Center for $9 #30dayflip Organization

I have 3 young boys, so we have endless projects, schedules and to-dos! So we were in desperate need of a command center, but on a budget! Our hot mess of a corner got a much needed facelift and on a HUGE budget! This is the end result. The shelf is a pallet (free) cut to make a shelf, I added another piece of board from the pallet (cut to fit) the bottom so items wouldn't fall through. I stained it with my homemade vinegar/steel wool mix for an weathered look :)
home organization command center for 9 30dayflip organization, crafts, home decor, organizing, pallet, shelving ideas, wall decor
This is the before of the hot mess corner!
The chalkboard/ calendar was purchased at Michaels with a 50%off coupon so it was only $7 but very PLAIN!
So I stained it with my vinegar /steel wool stain to give it an aged look. I added a fun print fabric, $1, i bought this sweet love sign for $1, also stained with my mix, and used some stencils to write a thoughtful saying (because my handwriting isn't so pretty ) lol. I love the way it turned out!!
The pallet shelf after sanding (the before color)
The after..... I stained it with the vinegar mix and then stenciled a meaningful saying, just to remind us, of the best way to spend our time :)
So for $9, some creativity and a little time, I was able to create the perfect command station for our family!
Visit my facebook page for more transformations. I am selling locally :) www.facebook.com/roughlyrefined

• Sue Purdy

Love this!!!! Great project Christina :)

• Capernius

SWEET! :-D for my wife & I to keep all our scheduled appointments & the like, we went to an office supply store & bought a HUGE dry erase calendar(2 feet tall x 3 feet wide) and then I made a frame for it(only for cosmetics) & hung it on the wall. each one of the squares for each day is 4 1/4 inches square, so we have tons of room to write in appointments. What I used to frame it with, was some fancy looking stuff I found at a hardware store on sale. If you do this, you do not NEED the frame, just pin/staple it to the wall. :-)