Carrie MakingLemonade
Carrie MakingLemonade
  • Blue Bell, PA

How to Paint a Faux Bois Finish

Faux Bois is one of the loveliest faux finishes out there, and it turns out that painting it isn't so difficult if you have the right tools. Here's how I used it to create a breakfast tray for Mother's Day, but now my mind is racing with all the surfaces I could paint! Where would you use the faux bois technique? More details and in-depth how-to in the link below:
how to paint a faux bois finish, painting, All set for breakfast in bed with a vintage china and your glam faux bois tray

All set for breakfast in bed with a vintage china and your glam faux bois tray.
how to paint a faux bois finish, painting, First lay down the base coat
First lay down the base coat.

how to paint a faux bois finish, painting, Then add the top layer of gold paint prior to using the tools

Then add the top layer of gold paint prior to using the tools.
how to paint a faux bois finish, painting, I love the luscious gold paint I used for this project it worked well with the tools
I love the luscious gold paint I used for this project-- it worked well with the tools

how to paint a faux bois finish, painting, Here s the uneven combing tool you ll alternate with the wood grain rocker more details in the post
Here's the uneven combing tool you'll alternate with the wood grain rocker (more details in the post)

how to paint a faux bois finish, painting, Alternate the wood grain rocker with the uneven combing tool for a more realistic finish

Alternate the wood grain rocker with the uneven combing tool for a more realistic finish.
how to paint a faux bois finish, painting, Now you have faux bois What could you use this finish on in your home
Now you have faux bois!  What could you use this finish on in your home?
Carrie MakingLemonade