Melanie
Melanie
  • Decatur, TN
Asked on Apr 23, 2013

River mud

Carol MerrillAnita HolmesMelanie
+4

Any ideas as " how to get Tennessee River mud out of towels,clothing ..etc.?
  • LOL, yeah try not to get any on it Actually trying an oxygenated cleaner like Dirty Jobs or Oxi-Clean & not throwing it in the dryer before it is removed is the best I can recomend

• Melanie

Thanks.

• Larose LoganOakes

I used to use a spray-on Oxiclean carpet cleaner I bought at Bed Bath and Beyond on my husband's and son's extremely dirty jeans and that seemed to work pretty good.If that didn't get it all out of the very light blue jeans then I would rub Dawn dishwashing liquid soap onto any remaining stains that didn't wash out before putting them into the dryer.That usually did the job.If not then I would try some Hydrogen Peroxide right out of the bottle. Let it sit for a little while and then wash as usual.Best of luck!

• Larose LoganOakes

I forgot to tell you not to go overboard with the Dawn otherwise you might end up with an overabundance of soap in your washing machine. If this happens then just rewash with a cup of white vinegar and it will help cut the soap and act as a fabric softener without the nasty smell.Women have been using that trick for years.It really works as a fabric softener.Good Luck!

• Melanie

Thanks Larose.

• Anita Holmes

The new deterget Persil will get it out. Just soak them with it for a couple of hours and wash. Best detergent I've ever used.

• Carol Merrill

After washing hang outside to dry and leave overnight!! There's just something about the night air and sunshine the next day that helps!