Zoo, Stuffed Animal Storage/side Table Organization #30dayflip

I have 3 boys and stuffed animals are a MUST but are also a MESS!! They refuse to get rid of any but they were constantly on the ground and stuffed in the crack between the bed and wall. So I adapted some of these zoos I found on Pinterest and created one to suit our needs.
Here is their Room before! They were EVERYWHERE!
So I got to work.
Items List:
1) 1 piece of 3/4 in cabinet grade plywood (leftover from several other projects) cut at 2ftx 15 3/4
2) 3 - 1x2x8 ft pine boards $2.68 a piece for the height of cart cut at 31"
for frame cut 4 at 24"
AND 4 at 15 3/4"
3) 1/4 in oak plywood cut at 2ftx15 3/4 in $9.69
4) 1 inch screws (I used and love the 8x1" Pocket hole screws that use a #2 square bit
5) Some rope $5
6) 2 boxes of #10 eye hooks $8
7) paint (sample from home depot) $3
I made my paint chalk paint by mixing with 2 1/2 tablespoons of plaster of Paris and 1 1/2 tablespoons of cool water
8) I used folkart Varnish in satin to go over the whole piece for protection, I always have this at my house. I use it for everything!
9) a small wood plaque from Michaels for $1 (to make the zoo sign)
10) Casters, came in a pack of 4 from Lowes for $4 , I loved the idea of it being able to roll around
11) 2 hinges (I already had some from an old project, I have a box full :) NEVER throw them out, reuse them)
Whole thing cost me about $38.79
I started by cutting all of my boards and sanding them. Then I painted them. Next up was attaching the casters to my 3/4 in plywood base. I always pre-drill holes!
Next I pre- drilled and attached the eye hooks, make sure the tops and bottoms all line up. so your rope is in a straight line (like bars) for your zoo. My oldest son was able to help put these in :)
Next up, assemble your base. adding your 1x2's to your 3/4" plywood. when you have that done. Attach your vertical tall boards. Then add your final 4 framing boards to the top. Then thread and tie off your rope. I pulled mine tight, that way the animals wouldn't slip right out.
Don't forget to add a few "monkeys" :) lol. They did help me a lot though. The oldest was able to screw in a lot of the top frame for me, the middle handed me screws and the youngest handed us screwdrivers :) Good team work!
Next I wanted it to have double duty as a bedside table for them as well so I added the 1/4" plywood top with 2 hinges I already had. This way they could open it up for a quick cleanup.
Next it needed a sign of course! So I bought a little wood plaque, painted it to match and used stencils to write ZOO but I wanted to put an animal on it, so I added my own custom little panda face to it :)
AND VIOLA!
So here is a reminder of their room before......
And the AFTER!
So much better!!!!
What do you think? I was considering trying to sell some of these locally, do you think there is a market for this?
UPDATE!! I have started a facebook page for my creations "Roughly Refined furniture by Christina :) You can view it at: www.facebook.com/roughlyrefined
I am taking orders and selling locally for now (shipping was too high) Charleston, SC to Savannah, to the Dublin/Macon GA area. Check out the site for more details or to message me about a location :) Thanks for all the support with this project!!!

15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner

• Donna

Why do you want to teach your children that a ZOO is a good PLACE? 😰

• Joanie

This is a cute idea!!  Maybe you should start Good Willing? I'm sure he doesn't play with all of them, but of course now that they are all in a cage, he may look at them in a different way. Kidz.....lol.

• Donna

Call it an animal house or something buddies clubhouse