An Organizer MUST Crafters Will LOVE

I was most recently challenged to build something to help organize my life.
So I decided to tackle my paint studio. (fancy word for messy room)
I do painting, crafting and some building in this area, but I needed something in particular to help me out this round.
With only 2 2x4s and a closet dowel, this is what I made...
NEVER did I ever realize that something as simple as a DIY ladder would save the day. But it has... with some very selective modifications.
And once that was a done deal, I had this! The perfect stencil sorter that was dead easy to build, and doesn't take up much space at all.
All you need to build it is 2 2x4s and a closet dowel. Here's my story...
Backing up, this little project all started out like THIS!
But slowly over time, some real headway has been made. So let's head straight through those french doors first, then we'll come back to this mess.
This part of the work area only had this space available. Which is the beauty of this project... it doesn't take much room at all.
First, I cut a closet dowel down to size, then painted it out.
Next, the dowels got screwed to the 2x4s. LOTS of tricks on how to do this easily is included at the link below.
And next, I squealed with delight, because this little pie in the sky idea really works! They don't always...
I also added a few more touches, teaming up an old crate, cupboard, and this cool old table top! More details at the blog link below.
As for THIS horror story? This entire space looks completely different today! Click the blog link below to check it all out!
This building challenge involved 9 DIY bloggers. Come see some other super creative fixes you cannot buy from a store! CLICK below to visit them all plus the rest of my ladder room story!

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna