Searching for the Perfect Light? Why Not Make It Yourself!

88K Views
I could not find the perfect light for this space without spending a fortune. I decided to make one myself and save money in the process.
  • searching for the perfect light why not make it yourself, diy, how to, lighting
Finding the right size and style of lighting is not an easy task. I found a few that I loved but not the price. That is when I decided to make my own.
I had this metal hobby sheet on had that I bought a year ago for another project and never used it. I cut my sheet with metal cutters, spray painted in an oil rubbed bronze.
I cut and stained some wood scrap pieces, and mounted the sheet metal to the stained​ wood. Come over to get the details on how to mount the metal sheet to your wood pieces.
I attached the top wood support piece to the side wood pieces.
Drilled a hole in the center and wired my lighting kit. Come over to see the BEST tool to use on chain link lighting kits.
I love the industrial vibe that this cylinder lamp​ has.

Suggested materials for this project:

DeDe @ Designed Decor