Upcycled Tin Lantern for Valentine's Day

$0.10

I found some adorable tin lanterns for sale online and knew I had to create a Valentine version. This easy DIY uses upcycled materials and can be completed in less than an hour!
Use a drill to make evenly spaced holes.
Find an empty tin can of your desired size. (My lanterns are made with empty tomato cans.) Tape on a pattern to make the drilling easy then make evenly spaced holes in the can. (Get the details and free PDF pattern in the my blog post.)
Use a 5 inch piece of wire hanger to make a simple handle.
Supplies: a recycled tin can & a wire hanger
Check out my blog post for the easy trick that makes your wire the exact right size and shape for your lantern.
Easy wire handle from hanger.
Bend the ends of the handle then attach to the can using pliers to bend and crimp the wire.
Tin lanterns ready for paint.
You can leave the lanterns their original metal color or paint them white with a bit of cheap spray paint.
Valentine Tin Lanterns
Add candles or battery operated votives and enjoy your new Valentine tin lanterns! Get the full instructions, tips for drilling, and free PDF pattern at BrenDid.com.

Bren Did

• Mary Coakley

If you.do.not have a drill.could I.use.a nail head?
    • Lisa West

Yes you can. Put water in it first and freeze. Once the water is frozen you can lujchvhokes in it. The reason is so the can doeant cave in.

• Lisa West

This is adorable.

• Sharlott

Yes I do believe I will try this and you know it’s not just for Valentines you could do it for all the holidays or birthday or a baby shower or just anything you can use several audios think about it it could really be a lot of fun