Upcycled Tin Lantern for Valentine's Day

$0.10

I found some adorable tin lanterns for sale online and knew I had to create a Valentine version. This easy DIY uses upcycled materials and can be completed in less than an hour!
Use a drill to make evenly spaced holes.
Find an empty tin can of your desired size. (My lanterns are made with empty tomato cans.) Tape on a pattern to make the drilling easy then make evenly spaced holes in the can. (Get the details and free PDF pattern in the my blog post.)
Use a 5 inch piece of wire hanger to make a simple handle.
Supplies: a recycled tin can & a wire hanger
Check out my blog post for the easy trick that makes your wire the exact right size and shape for your lantern.
Easy wire handle from hanger.
Bend the ends of the handle then attach to the can using pliers to bend and crimp the wire.
Tin lanterns ready for paint.
You can leave the lanterns their original metal color or paint them white with a bit of cheap spray paint.
Valentine Tin Lanterns
Add candles or battery operated votives and enjoy your new Valentine tin lanterns! Get the full instructions, tips for drilling, and free PDF pattern at BrenDid.com.

3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Bren Did

• Lisa West
    Lisa West

This is adorable.

• Sharlott
    Sharlott

Yes I do believe I will try this and you know it’s not just for Valentines you could do it for all the holidays or birthday or a baby shower or just anything you can use several audios think about it it could really be a lot of fun