Teen Girl's Bedroom

27K Views
Our daughter's room was in need of some serious TLC and some upgrading. We started in the closet area. We removed the door and a wall leaving an open space to reimagine into a mini-dream closet.
  • teen girl s bedroom, bedroom ideas, closet, home decor, painting
We started with a fresh coat of a paint. The walls were painted grey and the closet was given a coat of bright pink. The wall behind her headboard got the same pink.
After drawing plans of graph paper my husband went to work building the closet.
Closet poles and a peg board display finished off the closet area.
I had the frame. The peg board was purchased from Home Depot. I also found all the hooks and hangers with rubbed ends. Great ideas for hats, scarves and jewelery.
The headboard was found on Craigslist for a fraction of the retail price and has hidden storage. A chair and rugs from Ikea and a swag chandelier that used to hang in the room made up the reading area. Fairy lights were draped over netted curtains from Ikea and suspended by two swing rods at the top of the wall.
Every girl needs a vanity area and this cast off tea cart from a neighbor was the perfect fit. A fresh coat of paint and some contact paper did the trick. A free lamp base and a Potter Barn lamp shade purchased from a yard sale site finished off the area.
I made the curtains, they are reversible. I used a large piece of craft paper to draw out the pattern, cut 2 different fabrics and a lining...and a little ball fringe.
And there it is. 1 not so kid like, kid's room!

Suggested materials for this project:

While I Linger

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!