Teen Girl's Bedroom

Our daughter's room was in need of some serious TLC and some upgrading. We started in the closet area. We removed the door and a wall leaving an open space to reimagine into a mini-dream closet.
teen girl s bedroom, bedroom ideas, closet, home decor, painting
We started with a fresh coat of a paint. The walls were painted grey and the closet was given a coat of bright pink. The wall behind her headboard got the same pink.
After drawing plans of graph paper my husband went to work building the closet.
Closet poles and a peg board display finished off the closet area.
I had the frame. The peg board was purchased from Home Depot. I also found all the hooks and hangers with rubbed ends. Great ideas for hats, scarves and jewelery.
The headboard was found on Craigslist for a fraction of the retail price and has hidden storage. A chair and rugs from Ikea and a swag chandelier that used to hang in the room made up the reading area. Fairy lights were draped over netted curtains from Ikea and suspended by two swing rods at the top of the wall.
Every girl needs a vanity area and this cast off tea cart from a neighbor was the perfect fit. A fresh coat of paint and some contact paper did the trick. A free lamp base and a Potter Barn lamp shade purchased from a yard sale site finished off the area.
I made the curtains, they are reversible. I used a large piece of craft paper to draw out the pattern, cut 2 different fabrics and a lining...and a little ball fringe.
And there it is. 1 not so kid like, kid's room!
While I Linger

• Jen22189152

did you use 200 or 400 fairy lights?

• Lynn Trueblood

what size curtains did you use? Did you use 4 rods and drape one curtain from one side to the other down to the floor and then repeat the other side?

• While I Linger

Hi Lynn. The curtains I used were from IKEA-they are super long but I do not know the exact length. I measured the space between my two rods and added about 8 inches for draping effect. I then placed the curtain panels on the floor with the tops facing one another, overlapping the tops to the measurement between my rods +8". I pinned them in place and sewed two new pockets for the rods-now both panels were connected with room to slide onto the swing arm rods. It sounds a lot harder than it was. I hope you are to follow my rambling here.

• Vartika

From where will i get peg board???