Asked on Feb 2, 2016

How can I repurpose chop sticks?

CindiTreeIvanity.lolray3.com
+7

I don't have any ideas. Can you help, please?
Thanks,
Lollie
    Janet Pizaro

For a very artistic appearance glue them on to a vase and purchase a Bamboo plant.

• Kim Kilmer
    Kim Kilmer

I use them a few different ways.. Little plant stakes and I made a teepee shape out of them for a small ivy to climb up. When I'm doing a lot of gluing with craft glue and only need a touch in each spot, I will pour my glue into a small dish and use the chop sticks as an applicator.

• MN Mom
    MN Mom

Kind if depends on how many chop sticks you have. How many ?

• Peggie Carter
    Peggie Carter

Hot glue them around a small mirror

• Carole
    Carole

For a non crafty idea: I use mine to get all the gook and spider webs out of the tracks of the replacement windows. Works like a charm.

• DORLIS
    DORLIS

supports for house plants

• CK
    CK

Are you talking about the inexpensive wood chopsticks you get when you order take out and/or like the ones they give you at Asian restaurants? Do you "need" to repurpose them? -) The ideas given above are great. But I'd also check to see if your local area has recycling for wood products.

• Ivanity.lolray3.com
    Ivanity.lolray3.com

The ones they give you with take out. I want to do some kind of craft with them. Thanks, Lollie

• Tree
    Tree

It's not a craft idea but I use them to make holes in potting mix when planting cuttings. This reduces any tears to the cuttings thus increasing my strike rate.

• Cindi
    Cindi

Hairsticks. I've made them to sell, by using the polished wood chopsticks, and adding rhinestones, near the top, and a design with dots of paint, and glue rhinestones on them, again, near the top, then add a chain (or two or three) on top with dangling beads/crystals. A lot of women like to use them to stick their hair up, or to decorate buns and chignon type hairstyles. The rough wooden ones you're talking about, I would try to sand it down, paint it, or decoupage with colorful napkins, and add some glitz, stick on jewels, etc., not glitter, and near the top so it doesn't get in their hair. It would probably work the same as the pre-polished ones, they turned out really nice.