Erin
Erin
  • Branson, MO
Asked on Apr 24, 2013

Kitchen Furniture

LesleySharon La TourSandy Olson- Watts
+2

I'm looking for ideas/pictures on how to repurpose furniture into kitchen counter and storage space. I want to do my whole kitchen this way instead of installing cupboards.
  • Manuel Ramirez

I do believe that home decor can be sparkled with kitchenfurniture. With the application offurniture design concepts to kitchen design, Lankford Design Group createsbeauty and efficiency for family life and entertaining.

• Sandy Olson- Watts

I did too and this is how I did it inexpensively. We are building a new house and intend to go this route with my brand new kitchen. Hope you can use some of these ideas. It's totally functional and adorable as well.

kitchen furniture, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, I bought this at a furniture store going out of business at a good deal It holds all of my food items I re purposed an old fish tank stand Lt with old tiles laying around stacked a piano bench on top of it for more stuffkitchen furniture, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, An old oak hutch holds all of my appliances and large pieces and a tiny camper microwave fits perfectly in the middle space It has a pull out counter Pie safe on the Rt holds all of my dishes while a narrow cupboard sits on the Ltkitchen furniture, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Homemade plywood cupboards and an on clearance counter top thanks daddy on the other side of the room dirty dishes too Salvaged tiles on the wallskitchen furniture, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, I love my kitchen and everyone else thinks it was a great idea I actually caught my kitchen on fire and remodeled it this way to save money I love the old country look it was functional back then and I had fun finding the pieces
    • Sharon La Tour

@Sandy Olson- Watts I just love your kitchen!!! It's not a bit ''sterile' and not run of the mill!

• Sharon La Tour

Do like Sandy Olson-Watts did and go to Church sales, garage sales, and estate sales, and junk shops to see whats there! I would love to have a kitchen like this!!

• Lesley

I am currently painting and old bureau/desk, the type with a fold down flap on the front for writing and a display cabinet/bookcase above exactly for this purpose. I have taken off the flap and filled the hinge holes with wood filler. I removed the little cubby holes at the back as they were too small to be practical for kitchen stuff. To my surprise there was no 'base' under this area so i used the discarded flap to make level with the front by cutting it in half and just sliding in. I also bought glass from a local store to replace the wooden shelves in the bookcase bit above. I will use the desk area for stacking crockery, the display area above for glasses (I am also cutting a hole in the top and adding a light so it will look like a proper display cabinet) and the drawers underneath for other general kitchen stuff. It will have cost about £100, replacing a built in unit that was costing £1000 from the kitchen company! If I am clever enough I will try and post a picture when it is finished!