Re-purposing a Vintage Shutter

I'm always on the look out for an awesome treasure, so when I found this vintage shutter in the grain shed at our farm, I was over the moon happy!
re purposing a vintage shutter, kitchen design, repurposing upcycling
This marvelous piece of history had layers of grime that needed to be removed, but once I did that, I loved the original color so much, I decided not to paint over it.
Of course, that may change, but for now, I simply hung a couple of buckets filled with herbs, and vintage kitchen tools-along with a vintage knob to hang my apron on.
I think it the vintage shutter is the perfect compliment to the antique vanity I re-purposed into a coffee bar.
CD's CountryLiving

• Allison

Can you call me at 864-313-0121 about the repurposed shutter photo. I love it and I was wondering if you would allow me to use it as a background photo for a business card. Thanks so much! p.s. I am in SC

• KatAych

Very cute, purposeful, farmy, and rustic!!! Looks great!!! I've also seen old shutters put on a shelf and used as a plate rack. Thanks for the inspiration!

• CD's CountryLiving

@KatAych oh my goodness! How sweet r u!! Thank you so much for saving me the time of searching for this-and also for the inspiration! I'm definitely going to do it!!

• Julie Briggs

LOVE this!