DIY Composite Raised Garden Bed

$200
1 Day

It's almost time to start thinking about our spring gardens. If you don't have a raised bed yet, I have to tell you that they are wonderful for growing veggies. Three years ago I built this raised bed from composite wood. I wanted something that would not fade or rot. (I also checked for safety issues - details for which I included in the original article on my blog).
I can't say that this was the cheapest method for building a raised bed, but it still looks terrific. I can sit on the top to work the bed. This measures 4'x8' and is 12 inches deep. (Now if I can just get my autistic son to stop burying his toys in there) ;-)
Just recently I was cleaning up after the Fall, and found his tablet beneath the soil. Guess I won't be letting him take the next one outside. lol
These are really very easy to build. You can even get the hardware store to make the straight cuts. The complete article (how to) appears on my blog (find link below).
(Please excuse my brick border. I have not yet tamped them down in this image).
First summer time haul.

25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
Rachel Lynn | queenbeeofhoneydos.com