How to Build A Basement Art Room

$200

Want to refinish part of your unfinished basement into a clean, usable area for your family? See how we reinvented a large area to give our family space to play and create.
Check out our updated basement! We carved out an area of our unfinished basement and created a colorful art room for our family. The previous basement, as shown in the next picture, was a hodgepodge of storage, old furniture and decor, and our workshop.
Framing walls to enclose part of our basement for a kid-friendly arts and crafts room.
The new basement art room serves our craft storage needs and creates a fun media room for the family. An old couch and recycled carpet make the room feel cozier, and a 3'x4' flat file will store lots of crafts, art prints, and other materials.

15 Memorial Day Crafts
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
Emily Fazio at Merrypad

• Bonnie Dixon
    Bonnie Dixon

I noticed you painted cement block! Ive been told you can't paint them; they have to breathe. ??
    • JJ
      JJ

True. We just sealed our basement professionally so its dry. They said I can definitely paint and it only helps the humidity. I'm a out to go nuts with the walls. Our unfinished basement is the same square footage as the upper so why waste half of a house eh? Plus its myself and my 17 year old son. Nice to have our own spaces in such a small house. Instead of 900 square feet we have 1800. I will post some pics once I'm done but I'm doing all of it cheapo style and really pumped. This looks great!

1 comment