A DIY Teepee Reading Tent & A Woodland Themed Toddler Room

$60
1 Day

A couple of years ago, I made a sweet little teepee play tent for my toddler to read in. She loves cuddling in there with a book!
It wasn't too hard to make this darling teepee. It took about a day to sew, and the materials aren't that expensive.
Doesn't it look sweet in her woodland themed room?
To make the teepee, I found 4 dowels at Home Depot and cut them to 6 feet tall. I secured them together at the top with twine.
Using some painter's drop cloth, I cut out 4 triangles and made one shorter than the others so that I could add some door flaps from contrasting fabric.
Next, I cut out some doors and a decorative circle from polka-dot fabric, sewed them to the drop cloth and added some pom-pom trim. I sewed all four triangles together and left some casing for the dowels.
I slipped the tent over the dowels, added a crochet heart embellishment, and my daughter's reading tent was done!
You can read more details and get the measurements for this project at my blog post.

Christina Dennis

• Marjo

Sorry its off topic but what color is her room painted? I love that clear bright aqua color and want to do similar in my guest bath and bedroom.

• Marilyn

What a great idea,that is so cute,love the color of the room, the chandelier and the decor.,your daughter must love to play in her teepee,You really did a good job and love the fabric also.

• Sandy Hartnett

Wow...beautiful...hugs