A DIY Teepee Reading Tent & A Woodland Themed Toddler Room

55K Views
A couple of years ago, I made a sweet little teepee play tent for my toddler to read in. She loves cuddling in there with a book!
Time: 1 DaysCost: $60Difficulty: Medium
  • a diy teepee reading tent for a toddler room, bedroom ideas, diy, reupholster
It wasn't too hard to make this darling teepee. It took about a day to sew, and the materials aren't that expensive.
Doesn't it look sweet in her woodland themed room?
To make the teepee, I found 4 dowels at Home Depot and cut them to 6 feet tall. I secured them together at the top with twine.
Using some painter's drop cloth, I cut out 4 triangles and made one shorter than the others so that I could add some door flaps from contrasting fabric.
Next, I cut out some doors and a decorative circle from polka-dot fabric, sewed them to the drop cloth and added some pom-pom trim. I sewed all four triangles together and left some casing for the dowels.
I slipped the tent over the dowels, added a crochet heart embellishment, and my daughter's reading tent was done!
You can read more details and get the measurements for this project at my blog post.

Suggested materials for this project:

Christina Dennis

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!